Health Insurance Coverage
Assistance Determining Possible Benefits
Health Insurance Coverage for Hearing Aids
We know it can be difficult and confusing when researching what your insurance does and does not cover. At our practice, we are happy to help you through the process. We participate with most major insurance carriers and other insurance agencies which provide hearing aids as a part of rehabilitative programs. Call our office today to determine if your health insurance covers hearing aids.
Insurance coverage for hearing aids varies in the way it is administered. Here are some benefit types for hearing aids:
- A health plan may pay a specified amount toward the purchase of aids. This amount may be allowed toward the entire hearing aid purchase or the amount may be allowed per ear. The benefit may renew after a given number of years, usually 3 to 5 years.
- A health plan may give you an allowance toward hearing aids if you purchase from a contracted provider. An allowance is a specified amount that is subtracted from the total purchase price.
- A health plan may have negotiated discounts with contracted providers. This means that you must purchase from a provider in order to get a specified discount off the retail price.
We are providers with:
- Hearing Care Solutions
- American Hearing Benefits
- Epic Hearing
- Hear In America
- Hear USA
- Hearing Planet
- Tru Hearing
- Anthem Blue / Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Gateway Health
- Medical Mutual
- United Healthcare
- Bureau of Children with Medical Handicap
- Paramount Advantage
- Nations Hearing
- Advanced Hearing
- Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities
- Worker's Compensation
Flexible Medical Spending Accounts
For those with medical flexible spending accounts, the cost of a hearing aid and batteries is considered reimbursable.
After you complete the form we will contact your insurance and follow-up with you to discuss coverage.